Open Voice is our client engagement programme for gathering insight from Foodbank clients. We want to identify and learn about issues in our community that are causing people to experience crisis and need our support. We are looking for participants, people who have used the Foodbank at some point in their life. You can make a difference. Be part of Open Voice.
People who have used a food bank have a unique contribution to make in helping to create positive change and we want to ensure these experiences are at the heart of our decision-making and community organising activities. We want to identify the underlying issues in our community with you. This will help ensure we are campaigning for the right things and setting up the most needed sustainable projects so we can end the need for food banks.
Why take part?
Open Voice is all about building leaders in our community and empowering the voices and opinions in the community. Your contribution will help make a positive impact in our community and drive meaningful change. If you have ever felt that your opinions have been overlooked, or you want to do something positive, Open Voice is for you:
- Express your thoughts and ideas, improving communication skills
- Be a part of the decision-making process, improving leadership skills
- Build experience for your cv
- Do something positive for your community
- Find connection with others as you come together to collaborate, exchange perspectives, and work towards a common goal
- You will be given £15 worth of Co-op vouchers as a thank you
What is the commitment?
- Commit to attending one session. You are welcome to attend more.
- Each session will last no longer than 90-minutes
- Contribute your thoughts about the questions and information that is presented
Where do the sessions take place?
The location of the sessions may vary depending on the project. Please choose a project that is best suited to where you live and how you can best contribute.
How to take part?
Please register your interest by emailing [email protected] or by calling us at 01206 621998 . Alternatively, you can also register your interest when you collect your vouchers or food parcels.
If you are not sure and would like to have a conversation before you decide, please get in touch. We would love to speak to you.